Below is the complete list of requirements for applying to take the Civil Service exam in the Philippines. You can download the official, new and latest version of the test application form in the link below or you may visit the official website of the CSC here – http://www.csc.gov.ph/ from which we took the information listed below.
For other details and information from schedule and announcements of exam date, where to submit and secure or get an application form, scope of exam, passing rate, exam result, PPT and CAT issues, review tips and qualifications, please navigate in our sidebar proper category.
1. Fully accomplished and filled up exam application form (CS Form No. 100 , Revised 2012). The spaces for “Signature of Applicant” and “Right Thumbmark” on the form should be left blank. These shall be accomplished in the presence of the CSC processor.
2. Four (4) copies of identical I.D. pictures with specifications as follows:
- Philippine Passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4 inches)
- Colored, with white background
- Taken within three (3) months prior to filing of application
- Printed on good quality photo paper
- In standard close-up shot (from shoulder level up with the head and face occupying at least 80% of the picture and with the name tag positioned at approximately 1 inch or 2.54 cm below the chin)
- In bare face(with no eyeglasses or any accessories that may cover facial features)
- Showing left and right ears
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With neutral facial expression, and both eyes open
- With full and handwritten (not computer-generated) name tag in the format: First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension (if any), and signature over printed name
3. Original and photocopy of any valid ID containing applicants clear picture, date of birth, signature, and signature of the authorized head of the issuing agency such as Driver’s License, SSS ID, GSIS ID, PhilHealth ID, BIR ID, Barangay ID, current Company/Office ID, current school ID, Postal ID, Voter’s ID, Valid Passport, or Police Clearance (Note: Any other ID not included in the list shall not be accepted)
IDs with lacking information particularly the applicant’s date of birth SHOULD be supported by NSO-issued Birth certificate or Birth Certificate authenticated/issued by the Local Civil Registrar (LCR).
4. Examination fee of Five Hundred Pesos (Php 500.00).